This summer, we are constantly looking for fun & refreshing iced latte recipes to get us out of a coffee slump. This delicious strawberry shortcake themed latte is SO easy to make! It's the perfect treat for a hot summer day.
Low Carb & Low Sugar Salted Caramel Donuts
This article has been written by experts and fact-checked by experts, including licensed nutritionists, dietitians or medical professionals. The information in the article is based on scientific studies and research.
It is designed to be honest, unbiased and objective, and opinions from both sides of an argument are presented wherever there is disagreement.
The scientific references in this article (marked by 1, 2, 3, etc.) are clickable links to peer-reviewed research material on the subject being discussed.
Who knew that such a sweet & indulgent dessert drizzled with ooey gooey salty caramel-y goodness could be this low in sugar and carbs?! Trust us, you've gotta try these to believe it. These keto-friendly donuts are deliciously moist and pillowy-soft, topped with a low carb caramel sauce that balances rich sweet & slightly salty flavor. This recipe makes 12 mini donuts that are so enticing, you'll have to guard the kitchen or else people might be tempted to steal them straight out of the oven (not speaking from experience, of course... ;P)
Low Carb Salted Caramel Donuts
These keto-friendly donuts are deliciously moist and pillowy-soft, drizzled with ooey gooey salty caramel-y goodness that's almost too good to be true! Makes 12 mini donuts.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup granulated zero calorie sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons Caramel Latte Super Coffee
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
LOW CARB SALTED CARAMEL SAUCE
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ cup allulose
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12-hole mini donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, granulated zero calorie sweetener of choice, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, almond milk, Caramel Latte Super Coffee, and the vanilla extract.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir to combine well. Spoon the batter into the cavities of the prepared donut pan.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until dark golden brown. Let cool in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the low carb salted caramel sauce, start by placing the butter and sweetener in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk continuously until the butter is melted and the sugar is completely whisked into it (it should take about 1 minute).
- Once the sauce is smoothly combined, allow it to simmer, bubble, and brown gently while whisking every 15-30 seconds, until it turns a golden color (it should take about 2 minutes). Be careful not to let it get too dark, which would indicate that it’s burning!
- Once there is a light golden shade and it is bubbling, quickly add in the heavy cream and whisk immediately and vigorously (the sauce will bubble up a lot more).
- Let cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the sauce has a golden caramel color and is gooey and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla extract and salt. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Top the cooled donuts with the salted caramel sauce.
They said rich caramel flavor without added sugar wasn’t possible.
Our Caramel Latte says otherwise. Brewed coffee, boosted with monk fruit, protein, and MCT oil is where decadence meets sustained energy.SHOP NOW