With gooey & decadent black chocolate drizzle and a thick layer of creamy French Vanilla, just one sip of this iced latte will transport you to the campfire.
Low Sugar Mocha Twix Bars
This article has been written by experts and fact-checked by experts, including licensed nutritionists, dietitians or medical professionals. The information in the article is based on scientific studies and research.
It is designed to be honest, unbiased and objective, and opinions from both sides of an argument are presented wherever there is disagreement.
The scientific references in this article (marked by 1, 2, 3, etc.) are clickable links to peer-reviewed research material on the subject being discussed.
Picture this: Twix bars, but make them low-sugar, just as delicious, AND homemade with love! This recipe pairs tender almond flour shortbread crust topped with a sugar-free gooey caramel and dark chocolate... YUM. Featuring Mocha Latte Super Coffee, these low-sugar and low-carb homemade Mocha Twix Bars are a healthier version of an all-time favorite candy. Try these today for a totally decadent treat!
Low Sugar Mocha Twix Bars
Picture this: Twix bars, but make them low-sugar, just as delicious, AND homemade with love! This recipe pairs tender almond flour shortbread crust topped with a sugar-free gooey caramel and dark chocolate. Makes 20 bars.
ALMOND FLOUR SHORTBREAD
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol, or any other powdered zero calorie sweetener
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 ½ tbsp Mocha Latte Super Coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (can sub for any nut or seed butter)
- ½ cup sticky sweetener of choice (keto maple syrup, agave nectar, etc.) or sugar-free powdered sweetener
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Mocha Latte Super Coffee
- 5 drops caramel monk fruit sweetener, optional
- 3.5 oz sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 7” x 11” brownie pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, stir together the almond flour, powdered sweetener, and salt.
- Add in the water, Mocha Latte Super Coffee, melted coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until the dough comes together and a dough ball forms.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan and create a smooth top. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool the crust in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the caramel layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, combine the almond butter, sticky sweetener of choice, coconut oil, and Mocha Latte Super Coffee and heat until combined. Whisk very well to ensure the coconut oil is completely melted and mixed in. Then remove from heat and mix in the caramel monk fruit drops if using.
- Once the caramel layer is ready, pour the caramel over the almond flour shortbread later and place in the freezer.
- Once the bars are firm, remove from the pan and cut into 20 bars. Place back in the freezer again.
- Melt your chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Remove the mocha Twix bars from the freezer and using two forks, dip each bar in the melted chocolate until evenly covered. Continue until all the bars are covered.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Plug into the mocha mindset, wherever you are.
We’ve packed Mocha Latte with all the protein and MCT oil to sustain you throughout the day, and made it chocolatey and delicious with no added sugar. Go get ‘em.SHOP NOW