TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (SAN DIEGO)
1. Key Area of Focus for a TSM at Kitu:
- Clearly own 60-70 influential accounts (see KPI’s section for definition of “Influential Accounts”) in their designated area and ensure we are driving growth & development with these customers. These accounts should be clearly articulated by the TSMs manager. Roughly 75% of an TSMs time should be dedicated to focusing on these accounts. The list of influential accounts should be reviewed and adjusted as needed at least 1-time per quarter, but as frequently as monthly, pending on needs of the area, promotional schedules, new product launch, new retailer launches, and seasonal selling patterns!
2. Additional Areas of Focus:
- Managing and executing all sales tactics and initiatives assigned to the TSM’s manager in accordance with our Sales Goals & Budgets. This will include but not be limited to: Chain accounts, working with DSD distributor sales reps & independent accounts, in-store demos, merchandising & display building, route rides, local field marketing events and distributor blitz’s (both in-home region and external regions.)
- Responsible for reporting directly to your Territory Sales Manager on a weekly basis in regards to weekly goals, tactics, initiatives assigned by your Territory Sales Manager. Your Territory Sales Manager - Responsible for working with select Retail and Foodservice broker reps in the field as directed by your Territory Sales Manager.
- Training and managing your Part-time salespersons & PEP Squad members in your territory at the direction and support of your Territory Sales Manager & Field Marketing Director.
- Hosting weekly 1-on-1 calls with your Part-time salespersons and PEP Squad to cover goals & responsibilities. You are responsible for scheduling and sharing the weekly agenda & taking notes on these meetings to hold each other accountable.
- Participating on weekly full squad calls, and additional Sales Calls at the direction of your Territory Sales Manager.
- 5 years CPG sales experience.
- Experience with DSD Sales Partners in the market, specifically Columbia Beverage.
- Experience managing chain accounts, individual accounts, distributors & teams.
- Potential to manage 1-3 direct reports
- Experience with broker management is a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in an intimate, entrepreneurial business environment and can work well with or without supervision
- Knowledge of concepts within the sales function and basic knowledge in other areas, such as sales operations, syndicated data, and marketing
- Working knowledge of trade promotion management and budget accountability.
- No job too big or too small, willingness to dedicate time and resources to get the job done, including supporting field marketing, performing in store demos, distributor/key account presentations and trade shows.
To apply please click here or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org