ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER
Founded by three brothers in the youngest brother's college dorm room, Kitu Life is now one of the fastest-growing beverage companies in the world. Our consumer packaged coffee products taste great, contain no sugar and have added supplements such as Protein, MCT oil and L-Theanine. We are committed to spreading positive energy with a great culture and only the very best employees who have a strong desire to be part of something truly special should apply.
The Accounts Payable Manager manages and coordinates activities required to ensure an accurate accounts payable system.
- Oversee routine department activities, such as processing vendor bills and disbursing payments to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Review, approve, and reimburse employee expense reports.
- Maintain accurate and complete vendor records.
- Set and facilitate the achievement of department objectives.
- Develop, implement, improve, and enforce policies and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Build and maintain relationships with employees and vendors.
- Make recommendations to improve the quality of accounts payable procedures
- Weekly reporting of aging, payments, and adjustments
- Assist with month-end close
- Calculate broker commissions and distribute statements monthly
- Provide backup support to other groups in the accounting department, prepare periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties
- Contribute through collaboration in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or related field.
- Two years’ experience in accounts payable, preferably in the consumer packaged food industry
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Expensify or similar expense reporting software a plus
- Extensive knowledge about accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of D&B reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information and processes.
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Commitment to ethical behavior with a willingness to adhere to all company policies and current financial legislation.
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with a remote team
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment
- Working from home is possible but preference will be given to candidates located in New York, NY. If not located in New York, NY, travel may be required of up to one week per month.
To apply please click here or email your resume to email@example.com.